CANCELED- Event has been canceled due to storm clean up- check back for rescheduled date
All activities are included in the cost of admission and are free for members!
- 8am-9:30am- Bird Hike
- All hike participants will be registered for door prizes!
- 9am-noon- Birding Expo
- Binocular Demo including a full line of Swarovski optics
- Birdfeeders, books and native plants for sale
- Come hungry! Wild Goat Waffles will have breakfast and lunch waffles for sale, as well as coffee.
- 11am-11:30am- Workshop with Jill Peluses owner of Wild Bird & Garden
- Learn about fall migrants and how to bring them to your yard
Monthly Bird Hike at Airlie Gardens- Second Wednesday of each month
Fly over to Airlie Gardens to participate in our monthly Bird Hikes, co-hosted with our partner, Wild Bird & Garden! Birders of all levels are encouraged to join us from 8am to 9:30am on the second Wednesday of each month. Airlie is proud to be listed as a Coastal Plain site on the North Carolina Birding Trail.
Our diverse habitat types and plentiful natural areas mean Airlie offers some of the best birding in New Hanover County, with nearly 200 species of birds recorded.
Admission- no preregistration is required. Check in at the Garden Services Center at arrival
- $9- Adults (12 years and up)
- $5 – New Hanover County Residents and Military (ID required)
- Free for Airlie Members
Recommended age 12 and up. Please bring binoculars if you have them and dress for the weather.