October 20th 2017, 6pm-10pm
Inviting friends and family to Airlie to enjoy an oyster feast along the banks of Bradley Creek is a tradition rooted in Airlie’s history. Beginning around 1905, extravagant oyster roasts were hosted on the property. Guests came from far and near to enjoy the warm southern climate and celebrate a local delicacy. This tradition was revived in 2000, and has become our most important annual fundraising event. Proceeds from this event support Airlie’s Environmental Education Programs*, which is fitting, since the oyster plays such a strong role in our coastal eco-system.
TICKET PRICE $90 tax inclusive
- Appetizers • BBQ • Fried Chicken• & Fixings from Middle of the Island Catering
- Steamed Oysters from Elijah’s Restaurant
- Cash bar available- Ticket includes two drink tickets
- Advance Tickets Only
- Ticket sales begin August 2017, check back for ticket link.
- MEMBERS: Magnolia & Azalea level members please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your tickets. Member tickets must be reserved in advance and do sell out.
- Live Entertainment by The Band of Oz
*Airlie’s Environmental Education Programs
Since 1999, Airlie Gardens has provided hands-on environmental education for thousands of schoolchildren. Programs range from plant adaptations to salt marsh ecology and have been recognized state wide for their rigor and student engagement. Other education programs such as bird hikes and butterfly releases increase our citizen’s knowledge of local natural resources and biodiversity.