10/10/18 Update: At this time the gardens are still closed until further notice.Thank you for remaining patient as we continue to work on re-opening the gardens for normal operation. In the meantime, Airlie administrative offices and gift shop only, will open daily beginning Tuesday, Oct. 23rd with operating hours of 9am-4pm. The offices will be open for those wishing to renew or purchase a membership, purchase or pick up Enchanted Airlie tickets, and visit the gift shop. The gardens will remain CLOSED until further notice and visitors will not be allowed beyond the parking lot.
Our 2018 Oyster Roast will continue as planned, however tickets are already SOLD OUT for that event.
Our GNOME INVASION exhibit will be extended through December 31st, 2018, but will not be open for viewing until the gardens re-open to visitors. Some of the Gnomes will even make an appearance during Enchanted Airlie!
Enchanted Airlie ticket sales will begin Tuesday, October 23rd at 9am. We strongly encourage you to purchase tickets online, however administrative offices on-site will be open the same day. Member ticket reservations are now available, Airlie Gardens members can request their complimentary member tickets here, and additional tickets will not be available until Oct. 23rd.
- Here’s a link to renew your membership online!
Thank you for your continued support! We look forward to seeing you soon.
9/25/18 Update: Hurricane Florence took a toll on so many, and Airlie did not escape her wrath. Our beloved Airlie Oak stands tall and unscathed from the storm and for that, we are grateful.
During the two weeks of initial impact, NHC Parks & Gardens staff worked hard in the Emergency Operations Center, shelters, and Base Camp as part of the County’s team. You can be proud of the work that our staff did to aid all the residents of New Hanover County during and immediately after the storm. From logistics, like feeding all the first responders, to working in shelters, we were there doing our part. I’m immensely proud of our department and how we stepped into roles outside of our regular duties. Now we are focusing our efforts on Airlie, the Arboretum and our other New Hanover County Parks.
The Gardens are currently closed and will remain closed until further notice. We are working to get the gardens cleaned up and ready for visitors. It will not be an easy task, but we are mobilizing all of our resources to make it happen. For now, here are some answers to the questions you might have:
- The Airlie Oak, Pergola, Bottle Chapel and Butterfly House are all in good shape
- Our goal is to be open by end-October to early-November.
- The Gnome Invasion was safely evacuated to the classroom in the Garden Services Center. Stay tuned for info about the potential for a brief return of the Gnomes.
- Enchanted Airlie ticket sales will be delayed and will be available sometime in October- we’ll be sharing more information as we move forward.
- Membership- if your membership is set to renew in September and October, we would greatly appreciate it if you could renew online. Here’s a link to renew online! If you renewed or joined shortly before, or during the storm, we appreciate your patience. We are working hard to process those as quickly as possible.
- We will not be able to reschedule the September 21st concert, but we will be inviting Jim Quick and Coastline back to perform next summer.
- We are working to open in time for the Oyster Roast. The Oyster Roast is still SOLD OUT. All proceeds from this year’s event will benefit our hurricane recovery efforts.
- The October New Hanover County Free Day scheduled for October 7th has been canceled due to damage at Airlie, the Arboretum and Cape Fear Museum.
If you would like to donate to our efforts, please click here. We are grateful for your support.