It takes a lot of work to keep our Gardens beautiful. Please respect our work and keep in mind that Airlie Gardens is not a play park. We have created these rules for the well-being of our plants and historic strucures as well as for the safety and the consideration of all visitors. We invite you to enjoy the Gardens but leave them as you found them.
We love for children to explore nature here at the Gardens. We ask all children be closely supervised at all times for their safety and to protect our grounds. Visitors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Special note for groups: Any group or organization wishing to use our facilities for any reason must review our policies governing the use of our outdoor spaces AND contact our special event coordinator, Nicki Licari, before your visit.
Please observe the following rules and regulations while visiting:
- No smoking, E-cigarette or tobacco products. The entire area is a smoke-free, tobacco-free environment – indoors and outdoors. There are NO designated smoking and/or tobacco-use areas within the boundaries of Airlie Gardens, including outdoor areas.
- NO DOGS, or other pets allowed.
- Sporting games, jogging and similar activities are not allowed – no footballs, soccer balls, Frisbees, kites, etc. There are county & city parks for these activities.
- No bike riding, skateboarding or rollerblading allowed within the gardens. We do have a bike rack for use in the parking lot.
- No suspension hammocks or tight-ropes.
- No drones or radio-controlled vehicles or aircrafts.
- Stay on established paths or lawns and out of signed, fenced, or roped-off areas.
- Small picnics are fine; no tents, tables, chairs, grilling, stoves, fires, etc. Groups over 10 people a special event fee may apply; contact our special event coordinator, Nicole Herron before your visit.
- Let wildlife be wild. There is no feeding or handling of animals at the Garden. Airlie staff coordinates with wildlife experts and certified professionals when necessary regarding wildlife present in the Garden. Airlie Gardens does not accept found or injured wildlife.
- All children must be closely supervised at all times to protect them and our plants. Visitors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Stay on pathways and use only designated paths. Do not walk in garden beds.
- Leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do not pick, collect or remove seeds, flowers, plant labels, feathers, etc.
- Do not wade or swim in ponds, fountains or other water sources.
- Do not climb trees, walls, fences, fountains, or artwork. Visitors will be held liable for any damage caused or contributed by them to Garden property.
- Use electronic audio devices with earphones only.
- A fee will be charged for ALL bridal, engagement, family, orany other portrait photography; amateur or professional. All commercial use of our images is subject to license and approval. Please contact our special event coordinator, Nicole Licari to schedule your portrait session before your visit.